We have partnered with specialist data protection consultancy Herbert & Ball LLP to provide an offer specifically relating to website compliance for the GDPR, which is being enforced from 25th May 2018.
Our project director, Kevin Horler said, “Whatever may have been said about the GDPR, it remains one of the biggest changes to data law to happen in the last 20 years, something of this magnitude needs to be taken serious and the solutions offered need to be based in fact and viewed from a legal perspective. We have been working in digital marketing since 1997 and specialising in the events industry since 2003 so we know our onions, however, we are not experts in the law surrounding data management and the effect it will have so we have chosen to partner with Herbert & Ball to provide surety from a legal compliance perspective”.
The two part offer consists of:
- a 12 point website audit carried out by the team at Vividfish, this will seek to identify areas where your site may require your developers and web teams to make changes in order to comply with the GDPR.
For more information regarding privacy policies Herbert & Ball has created a video that explains a little more about how the GDPR will affect websites, and what is contained in the document pack. It can be viewed by clicking here.
The documentation pack includes the following:
- Full documentation package for your website
- Quick and easy to customize
- Unparalleled protection for your business
- Fully compliant with the GDPR
- ICO and Article 29 Working Party Guidance considered
- Guidance notes for use with all documentation
- Practical advice on how to process personal data
- Verified and approved for compliance by an independent solicitor, barrister and US attorney
- Reviewed for clarity and user-friendliness by three independent lay proofreaders to ensure suitability for non-lawyers
- Use of Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and common website technologies covered
- Suggestions from ICO incorporated
This document pack is available for only £150 + VAT.
The 12 point audit is available for just £95 + VAT and can be accessed by clicking here.
There is a special combined rate for ESSA members, please contact Vividfish on 0800 998 7502 for more details.
After so much speculation about what will be required, how it will be enforced, what can be ‘worked around’, we have taken the view that true compliance will prevent the ever increasing need to fudge a system until the point that it finally breaches the regulations. It is increasingly frustrating to read comments and opinions where the GDPR is likened to Y2K, an issue that was a technical problem without a legal imperative for any organisation to comply, through to the imposition of CDM, which is based upon a reportable offence being the trigger for an investigation more than policing actions. Because this is in the digital domain, because it involves individual people and their response to mishandling of their data, the GDPR is far more compelling than either of the previous to examples. Do it right and do it right now, has been our GDPR motto for a good while and it will remain so.